OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Problem updating firmware on 2.3AC from 2.1.7 to 2.1.8

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hi,

I am trying to update firmware on one of my OpenSprinklers and have tried three different PC’s so far with no success. I have tried two methods described in the firmware update guide (https://openthings.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000381694-opensprinkler-firmware-update-guide) (I’ve tried the Windows Updater and the Alternative Updater). Does anyone have any ideas on what to try next in order to update the device?

The problem I am trying to solve is best described as:
    I have 2 OpenSprinklers, 1 operating in extender mode using a TP Link extender. The extender OS works very well unless the home wifi (with the primary OpenSprinkler connected via ethernet cable) is reset. After a reset the extender OpenSprinkler doesn’t reconnect without me power cycling the device. I read that the 2.1.8 firmware update checks for connectivity and resets the device if the network drops and if so, that would solve this problem.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Michael

Ray
    Keymaster

Sorry about the confusion, but there is no firmware 2.1.8 for OpenSprinkler 2.3 — as the release notes of firmware 2.1.8 explain, this firmware is only for OS 3.0 and OSPi. The next firmware 2.1.9 will be available for OS 2.3

Thanks Ray,

Much appreciated.

wifi75
    Participant

when will be released version 2.1.9 ?

Ray
    Keymaster

Soon. One of the big changes of 2.1.9 is for OS 2.3 to transition to use UIPEthernet library so that it can support similar functionalities already in place in OS 3.0, and also using UIPEthernet makes it easy to integrate cloud features through Blynk. The other big change is to move controller settings and program settings all to SD card, so that expand the number of parameters and programs without blowing out the EEPROM on OS 2.3. I’ve got most of library transition part done, but it still needs quite a bit of testing and debugging.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Problem updating firmware on 2.3AC from 2.1.7 to 2.1.8