OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Problem with TP-Link TL-WR702N and Uverse RG

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mark
    Participant

I ordered and received a TP-Link TL-WR702N Wireless Internet Adapter with my OpenSprinkler order. Whenever I plugin/powerup the TP-Link unit, it does something that renders the WiFi (802.11b/g) on my UVerse 3801HGV Residential Gateway (RG) unusable. All WiFi devices in the house get dropped and are unable to re-connect to the RG. The only remedy is to unplug the TL-WR702N and cold-boot the RG. This happens whether the TL-WR702N is in the default AP mode or the re-configured client-only mode.

Any ideas on how I can fix this? It’s going to be very difficult to run a cat5e connection.

Samer
    Keymaster

If the wifi module does not work then try to use a powerline adapter which sends the network signal through the power lines in your home. We sell a powerline kit on our website, available here: https://opensprinkler.com/product/powerline-ethernet-adapter/

Mark
    Participant

Can I return the tp-link for a refund?

Samer
    Keymaster

Sure, please send it back in it’s original packaging and we would be happy to issue a full refund. Please send the product back to:

OpenSprinkler
    5 Valley Lane
    Amherst, MA 01002

If you have a copy of the order email/receipt please include it in the packaging.

Thanks!

Emiliano Maina
    Participant

I have the same issue between TP-Link TL-WR702N Wireless Internet Adapter and my home router Netgear D6300.

So I think it is a general issue of the WR702N (or probably of the configuration).

I buy it on amazon.it

Maybe anyone can share similar issue and solution ?

Regards,
    Emiliano.

Mark
    Participant

I gave up and ended up hardwiring mine.

Ray
    Keymaster

Due to the increasing number of reported issues with the WiFi adapter, we are now recommending powerline adapters:
    https://opensprinkler.com/product/powerline-ethernet-adapter/
    which is more reliable than WiFi adapters.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Problem with TP-Link TL-WR702N and Uverse RG