OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Problems Connecting to Mobile Web App

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

dergatt
    Participant

Just trying to get this web app running and having problems. I have watched all the videos and read all the threads but I must now ask for help. I have an Apple Airport Extreme running ver 7.6.4. It shows the Airport Extreme IP as 192.168.61.2 and when I go to the internet symbol it shows the router IP as 192.168.61.1. I do not fully understand the difference however when I try and log on with either of these IP’s with or without 8080 I get the spinning wheel and cannot connect. If I type the 192.168.61.2 ip directly into explorer/safari I get access to my Open sprinkler which I think shows the port forwarding is OK. Cannot understand why this is not working, help please.

I am with Telstra bigpond cable and the IP is renewed daily. I take it for this app to work simply and reliably I will need to subscribe to a dynamic dns provider. Is this what people usually do? thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.

Ray
    Keymaster

192.168.x.x is your internal ip. In the app you need to provide your external IP. If you don’t know, just open a browser, and Google ‘what’s my ip’. Also, have you set up port forward on your router?

You don’t have to use dynamic dns, although it will certainly help if your ip changes frequently.

dergatt
    Participant

Thanks Ray once again for your very prompt response. I did go looking for the external IP and found it and tried it but it does not work so I assume my port forwarding is the problem. It is an airport extreme V7.6.4 and I feel like I have done all of the right things but it does not work. I have of course looked up all sorts of sites but none of them seem to duplicate the menu structure I have on my airport. I also read a post that said there was a problem with the upgrade ( 7.6.4) so it could be a bug. I will keep looking until I crack it. Thanks for your help.

dergatt
    Participant

Hi Ray, I have managed to get it working after correcting a few things. It seems I had a double NAT conflict on my Airport Extreme as I am using a voip modem. I discoonected the Voip modem and corrected that problem. I did get the correct public IP but when I entered that it still cam back with an error ” check IP or port” . I then only entered 80 after the ip not 8080 and it worked. I do not know why but it did. Perhaps you can make more sense of that than I can.

thanks for your help to date.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Problems Connecting to Mobile Web App