November 8, 2014 at 2:12 am #34514
I just installed version 2.1.3 after loading the pre-configured image from the OSPi 1.4 manual. I deleted the old OSPi directory and got the latest version (git clone https://github.com/Dan-in-CA/OSPi). The issue I’m having is that after setting up programs using the web interface from a pc, the displayed day that the programs will run will sometimes appear to be scheduled to run a day earlier. If I check again a few hours later (not sure exactly how long), the schedule will correct itself. Has anyone else encountered this or can someone look into it? I’m concerned that the program will run on the wrong day.
Example program: start time 8pm, duration 2 minutes, single pass, interval, water interval 14 days, starting in 7 daysNovember 8, 2014 at 10:39 am #34522
Dan in CAParticipant
I will take a look.
It is a problem with the timeline display on the home page and should not effect the actual irrigation schedule.
The problem may show up at different times of day. I think it has to do with how timezones are handled.
Thanks for providing an example program. The fact that it starts at 8:00 p.m. is clue.
DanNovember 13, 2014 at 4:59 pm #34659
Dan, thanks for responding. Did you get a chance to look at this issue? If you need more information, please let me know. FYI, I am in the Central time zone (CST).November 16, 2014 at 1:40 am #34692
Dan, this is a guess, but the issue looks like it has to do with whether or not the day is different for the time zone I’m in versus GMT/UTC. In other words, since I’m in Central Time (no daylight savings time right now), I am 6 hours behind GMT/UTC. I’m guessing that if I look at the calendar from 6pm to 11:59:59pm, then the calendar will be off by a day; similarly, if I look at the calendar from 12:00:00 am to 5:59:59pm, it should be correct. Please see below for my observations:
The date/time is November 15th 11:53pm Central time. So, I’m looking at the log file via the web interface, and everything looks like it ran at the correct time (Saturday, November 15th at 8pm). I also looked at the calendar view from the web interface and it looks correct for the 15th.
I look at the web interface calendar for the next run (should be 14 days later) and it shows the next run on Friday, November 28th. **This is wrong; it should be Saturday the 29th.
I look at the logs from the mobile app and it shows that it ran at 2 am on November 16th. **This is wrong; it looks like it is reporting the date and time from the wrong time zone (instead of CST it looks like it is using GMT/UTC).
The program preview on the mobile app also incorrectly shows the Saturday, November 15th at 8 pm run as Friday, November 14th at 8pm. Similarly, the next scheduled run (November 29th) is now showing up on the 28th on the mobile app.
The date/time is now November 16 12:20 am Central time. Looking at the web interface, everything (logs and calendar for all runs) is now correct. For the mobile app, the logs still are being reported from the GMT/UTC time zone. However, the calendar for all runs on the mobile app is now correct.November 16, 2014 at 11:30 am #34694
I just submitted a pull request to Dan for the mobile app plugin to resolve the issue with log time. This puts the log output for the mobile app inline with the Arduino firmware versions.
This should resolve the issue with the app showing the incorrect time.
Thanks for the report!November 22, 2014 at 10:58 pm #34786
I have verified that the logs now show up with the correct time for both the mobile app and the web interface.
As of right now (9:52pm Central Time), the web interface calendar view still shows the program a day early (Friday instead of Saturday); so, it definitely is still not correct. Dan, can you please take a look at this?
As of right now (9:52pm Central Time), the mobile app calendar view appears to be correct. I will post an update if this turns out not to be true at a different time of day, but so far so good. Thanks!November 23, 2014 at 1:00 pm #34799
Dan in CAParticipant
I am currently merging an update to add multiple language support. That should be done in the next day or so.
As soon as that is finished the date display problem is my next priority. Your additional input above is helpful.
DanNovember 23, 2014 at 7:12 pm #34804
mobile app – everything is working correctly at 5:52pm and 6:02 pm
web interface – log is correct at both times. calendar is correct at 5:52pm but is incorrect at 6:02pm (shows runs scheduled a day early – Friday instead of Saturday).
Since I’m in Central Time (6 hours behind GMT/UTC), this seems to confirm my theory (see post on November 16th). Thanks.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.