OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Program Preview – Schedulling algorithm

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

zenonmb
    Participant

Colleagues,

Reading the user guide on program preview I saw this note, that really confuses me

NOTE 1 : The program preview is implemented using a software simulation of the scheduling algorithm:
    ● What you see accurately reflects how the programs are scheduled to run on the controller.
    ● All controller settings, such as Master zones, Sequential Mode , Station Delay Time , Master On / Off Time , are observed; and all station attributes such as Use Master Station , Activate Relay are also observed.

Why it says that use a sw simultation? For me is just show what is defined in the program, that actually is the first bullet above.

Can anyone explain ?

cheers,
    martin

Samer
    Keymaster

Because the program preview is actually a simulation stepping through time to discover what will be run based on the rules/constraints provided.

You can view the code for this here: https://github.com/OpenSprinkler/OpenSprinkler-App/blob/master/www/js/main.js#L6776-L7049

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Program Preview – Schedulling algorithm