OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Program Start day with Odd or Even watering day restriction firmware bug.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Brett
    Participant

Hi, after a month of not having watering programs work at all, I finally figured out why. I upgraded the firmware on my OS to 2.1.4 on May 26th. I forgot to backup my previous programs, so I had to re-create them from scratch. I set everything up, but noticed that there were no programs set to run on any days since I had upgraded the firmware. I thought that was odd, but I just started using the Zimmerman method and wasn’t sure if that was the intended behavior. I tried and tried to figure it out, but came up short. I just upgraded the firmware to 2.1.5 tonight and checked the programs again. They still didn’t show anything on the preview programs page or on the logs page. So, I started looking around and found something interesting. I was looking at the program settings for my main program and realized that when I set up the program after the first upgrade, I set it to water every 2 days with an odd days watering restriction. For some reason, I thought I needed to specify the odd watering days restriction. Since it was an “even” day when I set the program (May 26th), the every 2 days option would never hit the odd days restriction. As soon as I changed the restriction to “none”, my program preview worked flawlessly again. Hopefully, if anyone else should have a similar problem, they will find this message and know what to do to correct the issue. As far as code goes, I would recommend popping up with an error if the proposed change meets the conditions previously mentioned.

Ray
    Keymaster

Given this, we plan to add a few checks in the app to throw out warnings if 1) the interval day is an even number and 2) odd or even day restriction is selected. Under these two conditions, the odd/even day restriction is either redundant, or will result in the program not run at all.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Program Start day with Odd or Even watering day restriction firmware bug.