OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Program Start time must be less than end time?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jgrylls
    Participant

Att. Ray
    Is there any reason why the program start time must be less than the program end time, given that we can be confident that a new day will follow the current one. Removing this limitation would allow programs to span midnight.

rjalex
    Participant

WOW would have never thought of such a case ! 🙂 This is the beauty of collaborative development where the needs, observations and solutions from many different people come toghether in a great product 🙂
    May I ask what would be the need to water deep in the night ? Generally speaking night water conduces to easier fungal infections. Love to learn something new.
    Thanks.

jgrylls
    Participant

In Australia we typically water gardens at night because we lose less water to evaporation. At night with lower temperatures and consequently higher relative humidity and far less wind, these conditions mean much less evaporation and more water to the plants. In hothouses with a captive atmosphere this would not apply. I imagine this would also increase the likelyhood of fungal problems as you state, something that has not been a problem to me.

Ray
    Keymaster

The work-around is to set the start time to whatever start time you’d like, and end time to be 11:59pm. Once the program starts, it will finish, even if it spans over the end time (in this case, it will span over midnight). The end time (in conjunction with the interval time) is only used to check how many times the program should be repeated during the day. Hope this makes sense.

jgrylls
    Participant

Thanks for the explanation Ray.

rjalex
    Participant

@jgrylls wrote:

In Australia we typically water gardens at night because we lose less water to evaporation. At night with lower temperatures and consequently higher relative humidity and far less wind, these conditions mean much less evaporation and more water to the plants. In hothouses with a captive atmosphere this would not apply. I imagine this would also increase the likelyhood of fungal problems as you state, something that has not been a problem to me.

Very interestig. Thanks for your patient explanation.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Program Start time must be less than end time?