OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Program stops when wifi is lost and fails to resume

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Richard
    Participant

Hi there

We have an OpenSprinkler 3.0 device which has been working really well. I recently did an upgrade on the OS for our wireless router and discovered that if OpenSprinkler loses wifi in the middle of a program, the program stops. We have also found that when the device re-establishes wifi connectivity it doesn’t restart to interrupted program. We’ve done some testing and this appears to affect both scheduled and manual programs.

Is there a way of configuring OpenSprinkler such that if it loses wifi, it continue to operate based on a last known state and not immediately cease operating?

Regards
    Richard

Ray
    Keymaster

By “did an upgrade on the OS for our wireless router” did you mean you upgraded the firmware on the OS, or did you mean you upgraded the router?

Richard
    Participant

Hi Ray

Apologies for not being completely clear. We upgraded the OS on our Wireless Router that provides connectivity across our site. It was when we rebooted the wireless router after the upgrade that we noticed the behaviour that I have described. I’ve since been able to replicate the behaviour by going into our Wireless Router and temporarily disabling the wireless interface and then re-enabling it. After wifi comes back up, the OpenSprinkler 3.0 device reconnects automatically without any problems. Sadly any programs that are running when wifi is lost are stopped and don’t automatically restart when wifi reconnects.

Richard
    Participant

I’ll also add that our wireless router has both an OS and firmware. We only upgraded the OS on the wireless router. Given the behaviour we’ve been able to replicate, I think we can safely say that the wireless router isn’t a factor with the issue we’re seeing.

Ray
    Keymaster

I think I got confused: by saying “upgraded the OS on the wireless router”, I guess you mean the operating system on your wireless router? I thought “OS” means OpenSprinkler, but given your description, it sounds like by OS you mean operating system.

Richard
    Participant

Hi Ray
    Yes, I’ve had many years in IT so by OS I meant operating system and that I’d upgraded the Operating System on the Router. Apologies for not being super clear.
    Back to the issue of OpenSprinkler 3.0 programs stopping when wifi is lost, is there a way to stop this happening?

Ray
    Keymaster

I am trying to understand the issue: I don’t think the program simply stops when the wifi is lost, the only reason program stops is if the controller reboots. Which firmware version are you on? If you are on the latest 2.1.9(2) it records reboot reason which will help diagnose the situation.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Program stops when wifi is lost and fails to resume