OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Q: does the flow sensor shutoff flow if there is a leak?

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Ray.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

steveb
    Participant

Hi, I am quite interested in opensprinkler but from reading the manual I cant see anywhere where it says it uses the flow sensor to shut things off and provide a user alert if the flow is too high (indicating a leak has developed). Is my understanding correct or is that feature there but not spelt out?

This is one of the features I am looking for to trigger an upgrade from a non-networked controller. There is an Australian one called WaterMe that does this but unfortunately it has the drawback of having the intelligence and user interface in the cloud rather than having a built in web interface. I much prefer teh opensprinkler setup that isn’t dependant on a server somewhere else!

Ray
    Keymaster

It currently only logs and displays the flow sensor reading and is not using it to trigger any action such as shut off valves or sending alerts. These more advanced features will be gradually introduced in future firmware updates.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Q: does the flow sensor shutoff flow if there is a leak?