Hi, I am trying to decide between the OpenSprinkler and OpenSprinklerPi. I am leaning towards the Pi version as there seems to be more opportunity to “play” later on.
1.Has anyone added an LCD and switches to the Pi version?
2. Am I correct in thinking that with the unified software there would be “hooks” available to add the LCD and switches?
3. I understand a flow meter (2 – wire) can be added instead of the rain switch, is it possible to have both the rain switch and flow meter?
1. In github there is a pull request that integrates I2C LCD with OSPi, but we haven’t had time to merge that into the main branch yet.
2. It should be fairly easy to modify the unified firmware to support the I2C LCD — OpenSprinkler 2.3 is already using the same type of LCD so it’s mostly just a matter of adding some peripheral code to the OSPi branch to support I2C, and then the remaining changes are straightforward.
3. Sorry, you can’t use both sensors — there is only one sensor port. Technically it should be possible to use another spare GPIO pin to allow an additional sensor, but the UI is designed assuming only one sensor port, so if you use an additional GPIO pin for a second sensor, it will not be able to show up in the UI / app (unless if you change the UI / app code too).