OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Rain delay as minutes instead of hours

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Andrew
    Participant

Hi Ray,

A couple of our OpenSprinklers are running bush house environments where they mist for 10-30 seconds every 15 minutes or so. When we need to pause (or “Rain Delay”) them for things like fertigating or other spraying they often need it off for over an hour, but two hours is far too long.

Would it be possible to change it so that when a rain delay time is given it is actually sent to the timer as a given number of minutes (or even seconds if that is how it is stored internally) instead of hours? The web interface could still ask for hours with the javascript then converting it to minutes or seconds before sending it to the timer. This would allow for either a time like 1.5 to be entered or other systems to send a time period in minutes directly.

Another option would be to send through a timestamp for when to turn back on. This allows for something like rain delay until 12pm, or rain delay for now + 2 hours.

Thanks
    Andrew

Ray
    Keymaster

This should be pretty easy to do. At the moment I am completely occupied by other tasks. Since the project is open-source, you can feel free to make modifications yourself.

Andrew
    Participant

I’m a sysadmin so my skills lie far more there than in efficient coding but I believe swapping to second or minute pausing should be reasonably simple. It will probably more depend on having enough time available to devote to getting my head around your code. At this stage it’s probably going to be quicker to wait for you… 🙁

Are you happy to take code submissions?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Rain delay as minutes instead of hours