OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Rain delay until Jan 01, 2016!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

plocher
    Participant

OK, so it rained here in California today, no reason to get too excited, after all it has been 5 years or so….
    My OS (via WU) says we got 1.03″ of rain, and I’m using “auto rain delay”, 24 hours, with the “california restriction”, without a rain sensor hooked up (yet, the wire is too short, and my local big box store is “fresh out” of wire stretchers 🙂

The bug: the bottom line of the app screen says “rain delay until Fri, 01 Jan 2016 09:31:37″

It’s currently Nov 2nd, 2015 – isn’t that a LONG time to depend on 1.03″ of rain?

🙂

-John

Ray
    Keymaster

Since you are using the auto rain delay adjustment method, this is probably either a bug in the corresponding script, or the parameter associated with the auto rain delay method. Specifically, go to Edit Options -> Weather and Sensors, and check the Adjustment Method Options, see if the number is within reasonable range.

plocher
    Participant

The weather adjustment method options show as “tap to configure”. when tapped, the delay duration shown is 24 hours.

Ray
    Keymaster

While responding to a recent forum post, I came to realize a likely cause of the extremely long rain delay. Please refer to my reply here:
    https://opensprinkler.com/forums/topic/wunderground-ca-water-restrictions-reliability/#post-40821
    Thanks.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Rain delay until Jan 01, 2016!