OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Rasperry PI serial pins mode changed for no good reason causing pain points

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

tichris08
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve hit this issue before, fixed it, and then forgot about it and wasted another couple of days debugging it and it would be awesome if it could please be fixed in the main branch. The issue is that the daemon changes the setting on of the serial pins (BCM 15/16) despite the fact that I told OSPI that I don’t have an RF transmitter or a rain sensor. It would be much better if the app could first see if I claim to have or use any such feature before configuring the GPIOs on it and thus messing up with the configuration that’s used by other applications that are used on the PI. My quick & dirty solution was to simply set those GPIO pins to 99 & recompile the app (ie: causing a silent failure trying to access those non-existent GPIOs).

Chris

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Rasperry PI serial pins mode changed for no good reason causing pain points