OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler relay function

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Frank
    Participant

Hi,
    I was reading that the OS would have a built in relay function for garage doors, …..
    I have HW v.2.3 but I couldn’t see any information about a relay function in my IOS and android app.
    Doesn’t have HW 2.3 the relay function anymore ?

Best regards,
    Frank

Samer
    Keymaster

Hi Frank,

The relay is no longer provided and you are correct that hardware v2.3 does not include this and therefore the application is not showing options for it.

Thank you,
    Samer

Ray
    Keymaster

If you need to use a relay with OpenSprinkler, I suggest getting a 24VAC relay and connect it just as a sprinkler station. Refer to this blog post:
    https://opensprinkler.com/using-24v-ac-relays-with-opensprinkler/

philipjohnston67
    Participant

I’m a newbie to open sprinkler but want to get one for controlling sprinkler, garage doors, and driveway gate. It looks like the feature of adding relays for the garage doors and gate are a possible option. Can the switching be configured to be pulse? Meaning can opensprinkler handle on/off switch pulsing. I just don’t want to have to push on and push off for a gate opening or garage door opening. I want to push the button once and it then pulse the on/off. any feedback and guidance is appreciated. thanks, Phil

sakos
    Participant

Hi Samer,

I have OSPI v1.4+ HW, with on board relay however the application does not support it either.

sakos
    Participant

The switching is always pulse like. You can configure the lenght of pulse between 1 second and several hours…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler relay function