OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Remote device for HTTP special station?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

dlu
    Participant

I’d like to use the special/virtual station feature to control a grow light for our tomato starts. Is it possible to do this using an off-the-shelf “smart switch?” Is there a particular spec or API that I should look for? Any specific devices that you’d recommend?

Ray
    Keymaster

If your ‘smart switch’ has an HTTP API, you can make use of the ‘HTTP station’ on OpenSprinkler to send on/off command to it. Specifically, you can set any zone to be an ‘HTTP station’, providing the HTTP commands for the on signal and off signal. In the open hardware community, sonoff power sockets are quite popular and cheap, though I haven’t looked into its API yet.

dlu
    Participant

Thanks! Those look interesting and are indeed inexpensive. It looks like the Sonoff modules are Arduino based and that you can refresh their firmware.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Remote device for HTTP special station?