• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

MarkM

Is there a way to reorder the programs? Currently the only solution I see is to reenter all the programs in the new desired order.

By the way, ordered Opensprinkler DIY kit two weeks ago, put it together in about 3 hours (total amateur here) and it worked perfectly on first power up. This is great, I have gone through about a dozen sprinkler controllers in the last 40 years and this is the first good one I’ve had. I hope it will be my last unless I decide to upgrade to v2.0

Ray
    Keymaster

There is currently no way to re-order the programs, other than deleting them and adding them in the order you’d like. I agree this is less than ideal, but hopefully you don’t need to re-order too often.

MarkM

I was hoping it could be incorporated with the future option to export programs. I’ve seen that request mentioned before on the forum. The programs could be exported via a java script program in the user interface to a text file. The user could reorder and/or change the programs in the text file then import the programs using another java script program. That way there would not need to be a change to the firmware in the controller.

Or are my amateur programmer skills showing through here?

Samer
    Keymaster

I am actually working on a web app for the device and just got the same suggestion (export/importing) programs/settings. I will be looking into this and if I develop anything I will let you know.

The reordering is probably easily done if you export, reorder manually, and then import the file like you suggested.

Update: My application currently supports exporting/importing but does so to local storage using JSON. It would be some what technical to reorder but can be done if you have any experience with the web console. The item name is “backup”. I am still looking into adding this as a feature on the web application.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.