OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Request for "dry run pump protection"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Radostin
    Participant

Hello!
    I’m using a watter pump in my setup, but without builtin dry run protection. I’ve implemented a presure sensor into my setup and conected it to rain sensor input. So for now I can detect is there a watter( presure) into the pipes and prevent dry runs, but as we know, the rain sensor in OS does not continue a sheduled program after rain detected/delay.
    So my request is to have option that can allow me to resume a sheduled program after watter presure is high again.
    Best way is to use different gpio pin( second rain sensor input but with option to resume programs), so we can use real rain sensor in paralel.
    I hope other users will also like my idea!!!

BR

pls90
    Participant

+1

Ray
    Keymaster

Thanks for the suggestion. This is similar to a previous request to add support for temporarily ‘pausing’ a program. The current software implementation does not allow such feature, but we are planning to re-write the scheduler to better handle queuing of stations and that would also make it easier to implement a ‘pause’ feature.

Kartikaye
    Participant

It is good to know about the inclusion of a “pause” feature in a re write.

Which version is going to have this ?

Regards.

Kartikaye
    Participant

How Long is the default rain delay period in software ?

Ray
    Keymaster

If you are referring to the auto rain delay (which uses online weather data), the delay time can be configured in options (the default value is 24 hours). If you are referring to the manual rain delay, the delay time needs to be set every time you start a rain delay.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Comments, Suggestions, Requests Request for "dry run pump protection"