OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) RF shut off signal keeps getting randomly sent to remote outlets

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Ray.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wakkawakkawakka
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve got 5 RF outlets that control fans etc. and previously I had everything working perfectly, but since updating my SD card to the newest version of OpenSprinkler Pi, it seems to almost randomly send the shut off commands to my RF outlets. Is there perhaps something I missed during the setup process this time? Any help pointing me in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ray
    Keymaster

Firmware 2.1.6 auto-refreshes the RF signals to make sure the outlets are in sync with the controller. So if your outlets do not have separate on/off switch (which means it only uses a toggle switch), or if you are manually switching them on/off in addition to using the OpenSprinkler firmware, it would cause the issue you described.

The temporary work-around is to revert back to firmware 2.1.5.

wakkawakkawakka
    Participant

Thanks Ray.

Not 100% sure I follow. The outlets themselves have a single button on them so I guess this is a toggle. The remote though has both on and off buttons. The RF toy I got to get the codes from the remote tell me the on code is different from the off code. Does that still mean it’s a toggle and I’m out of luck?

Currently rolled back to version 2.1.4 so I’m wondering how I can get it to 2.1.5 instead of 2.1.6? I would just really like to have proper labels for the RF outlet channels instead of just memorizing the order of the different MAC addresses.

Any suggestions?

Appreciate the help.

Ray
    Keymaster

If the on and off codes are different, then it should be fine, I may have mis-read your original post. As I said firmware 2.1.6 auto-refreshes RF signal to make sure the outlets are in sync with the controller status. For example, if the station is ‘off’, then the firmware sends ‘off’ signal every few minutes to make sure the outlet remains off. In the mean time if you trying to manually switch the RF socket on, after a few minutes OpenSprinkler will turn it off due to the refreshing. So I would recommend always using OpenSprinkler to switch it on/off.

The firmware updater allows you to roll back to any version. Before updating the firmware, there is a drop-down list where you can select the firmware version.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) RF shut off signal keeps getting randomly sent to remote outlets