OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App run-once program with sequential stations and short overlap when changing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ben.cecioni
    Participant

Hi,

sorry for bothering with a new thread here on the forum but I can’t figure out a few things from the 2.1.7 manual or on the online demo site.

I will not use the scheduling functionality of the software and will exclusively run the programs with the “run-once” button: what I need, is a program that runs S01, S02, S03 and S04 sequentially for 2 hours each, overlapping each change for a few minutes.

S01 –> 2 hours
    S01+S02 –> 2 min
    S02 –> 2 hours
    S02+S03 –> 2 min
    S03 –> 2 hours
    S03+S04 –> 2 min
    S04 –> 2 hours

Something like that.

My issue is that each of my sectors takes a while to open once the valve (es. S01,S02…) is activated and if the previous sector closes immediately when the next one opens, the water flow will have no exit point and the rising pressure will lock the main pump in a few seconds. Keeping the previous sector open for a few minutes, while the next one opens, will always grant an exit point to the water that will never rise too much on pressure.

I know it’s a weird case scenario 🙁

Thanks anyone for support!

Ben

christian1
    Participant

Hello Ben
    Have the same problem. Did you find a solution for it?
    regards
    Chris

ben.cecioni
    Participant

Hi Chris,

I did not, not using the current software version. I think this could be implemented but at the current state it is not.
    If I’ll find a workaround, I’ll let you know.

Regards

Ben

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Ben,

Two things to check (I am using the UI in a computer browser to write this up):

– Set the running of each station to “Sequential”. From the main UI, click on the gear on the right of the name of the station. Select “Sequential”.

– Now set the delay between stations: Click the menu box in the lower-right corner. Pick “Edit Options.” Pick “Station Handling”. Now set the Station Delay to whatever you need. I have mine set to 15 seconds, which makes the system turn a valve off, wait 15 seconds, then turn the next one on. I think this is what you’re looking for, figure out how long the delay should be for your system.

Once this is set up, you can trigger a program and watch in the UI as the system steps through it.

Jeff

ben.cecioni
    Participant

Hi Jeff,

thanks for the replay. Thanks for the advice!

I did as you say and it seems to work! In my case, I had to set the “delay” at “-60” because I wanted the two valves to be open simultaneously for one minute before the second one kicks in!

That is great! Thanks so much, Jeff!

Ben

Ray
    Keymaster

Yes, you can use a negative station delay time to achieve a short overlap between two consecutive zones.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App run-once program with sequential stations and short overlap when changing.