OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions S1-S8 don’t operate properly when expansion connect

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

biaggi
    Participant

I ordered OpenSprinkler Zone Expansion Board v2.0 (16-station) together with OpenSprinkler v2.1u (semi-assembled DIY). 2.1u works perfectly as standalone for the 8 stations connected, but when the expansion is added using the out of the main unit to the in of the expansion, if I start manually any S3 to S8, the display shows correctly the station ON, but upon checking voltages, S8 is always on and all other off. If I remove the expansion, then S1-S8 work perfectly. The expansion board has 16, the setup options have been set to 2, showing correctly 24 stations.

Ray
    Keymaster

Do you have sprinkler valves connected and you can see that S8 is always on from the valve action, or are you just measure the voltage? When there is no-load, there are often stray voltages which are not reliably indicators of whether the station is on or off. When a valve is connected the stray voltage should go away.

biaggi
    Participant

Ray, measurements were made with the load, ie station connected.

biaggi
    Participant

Ray, I went ahead and plugged the unit back in, now is working. I am assuming it had to do the first time with the sequence, ie I had not configure the unit for expansion, while connected changed the config, never unplugged it all this time. Unplugging it and plugging made have made the trick. Sorry for the mislead. Awesome product, I was going to buy irrigation caddy…

Ray
    Keymaster

Ok, thanks for the update.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions S1-S8 don’t operate properly when expansion connect