• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

rowan.g

Hi All,

I’ve searched around quite a bit for info on the SD card but I can’t seem to find answers.
    Does the Opensprinkler 2.1u come with an SD card?
    What type of SD cards are supported? What role does the SD card play? Is it required to power on and use the device or is it only there if you run out of space on the Atmega?

Thanks,
    R

ottorino
    Participant

@rowan.g wrote:

Hi All,
    I’ve searched around quite a bit for info on the SD card but I can’t seem to find answers.
    Does the Opensprinkler 2.1u come with an SD card?

No. There’s the slot, but not the microcard. At least my specimen came without card.

What type of SD cards are supported? What role does the SD card play?

Do not know exactly. Microcards FAT32 formatted, if (my) memory serves.

Others may answer here

Is it required to power on and use the device or is it only there if you run out of space on the Atmega?

No, is not essential. My OS have been running a couple of months without card.

Samer
    Keymaster

The SD card is not required and is primarily used for log data.

Any SD should work and answering your question no they don’t come with a SD card. To access it you have to open the OpenSprinkler case.

The SD can be any capacity so long it’s formatted FAT32.

Ray
    Keymaster

The current batch of OpenSprinkler does NOT come with microSD card pre-installed. The card is useful for storing logging data, and also for storing additional programs in the future. But it’s optional and the controller does not need it to run.

rowan.g

Thanks for that. Very much appreciated.

emmasam

What is the easiest way to reset or re-install the interval program to it’s initial state? I can’t get past the “internal server error.”

Ray
    Keymaster

@emmasam: are you referring to the microcontroller-based OpenSprinkler, or OpenSprinkler Pi / Beagle?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.