OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Several web and mobile app problems :-(

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

rjalex
    Participant

Dear friends,
    as of today the web pages on both Safari and Firefox under MacOS and also Firefox on another Linux computer all show only a BLANK web page 🙁 Tried reloading, deleting the cookies (in the Safari / Mac installation) but nothing changes. Tried both on local LAN and from outside.

At the same time the mobile app does connect and does seem to MOSTLY function but (I am not 100% sure) does not manage to SAVE changes to programs !

Opensprinkler does work though.

Ideas ?

Samer
    Keymaster

Both Safari and Firefox under OS X work fine for me. Can you identify an error from the console?

The program saving issue is only if you push the copy program button as I am able to reproduce it. I am looking into this but that seems to be the only reason the program won’t submit. It isn’t firmware related and I should have a fix today.

Update: The copy program button should be fixed.

rjalex
    Participant

Hello ! Yes Safari and FF under OSX and FF under Linux worked fine for me, they don’t since as of yesterday from 2 different machines 🙁

Can you help me in debugging via the Console ? Do you mean the browser’s console ? If it’s the “Show Error Console” on Safari (I have 7.0.6 on Mavericks) here’s a snapshot of the screen:

Samer
    Keymaster

Okay that helps a lot actually. Let me get this fixed and I’ll get back to you.

Thank you!

Samer
    Keymaster

Okay for now I believe this has been fixed. Please let me know if it works now.

Thanks!

Update: I looked into this and turns out even though the script is running from the document body it’s possible for document.body to not be available yet. This has been fixed now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

rjalex
    Participant

Works well now. Thanks a lot

ottorino
    Participant

Similar problem here, on debian jessie and Iceweasel.

TypeError: body is undefined home.js:8
    Non è stata dichiarata la codifica caratteri del documento HTML. Il documento verrà visualizzato con del testo incomprensibile in alcune configurazioni del browser nel caso in cui contenga dei caratteri al di fuori dell’intervallo US-ASCII. La codifica caratteri di una pagina deve essere dichiarata nel documento o nel protocollo di trasferimento.

HTML charset have not been declared. The document will be shown with unintelligible characters in some browser’ configurations, when the document itself contains non US-ASCII characters. Page charset must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol

Also from android: all I can see is a blank screen.

rjalex
    Participant

Ciao Ottorino !

Take back what I said in my last post. This morning from home it worked but right now I’ve tried from the office (Linux Ubuntu 14.04 w FF 32) and it’s blank with the same error related by Ottorino:

TypeError: body is undefined home.js:8
    The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character encoding of the page must be declared in the document or in the transfer protocol.

Take care

ottorino
    Participant

Ciao Rjalex !!
    Thanks for the correct translation !! Mine was poorly “handmade”.

Samer
    Keymaster

Just to explain, I am trying to make the assetLocation dynamic instead of static. I am unable to see the issue you’re having which makes it hard for me to debug. However, I have resolved the issue to bypass the bug and set the string statically.

Should work now, thanks for your patience.

ottorino
    Participant

Now it works again here.
    Thanks for your prompt help.

Samer
    Keymaster

@ottorino wrote:

Now it works again here.
    Thanks for your prompt help.

Thank you for confirming (can step away from the computer now :P)!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Several web and mobile app problems :-(