OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Some notes about Remote Stations

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Cosmacelf
    Participant

I spend an hour trying to get a remote station working on my new 3.0 controllers, and I though I’d share a couple of tips.

First, make sure your main controller has a teeny tiny SD card icon beside the teeny tiny WiFi signal strength bars. All new controllers ship with an SD card, so it should be there.

Second, if your main controller has, say, 24 stations (8 plus a 16 port expansion), and your remote controller also has 24 stations (8+16), then you must tell the main controller that it has 48 stations. And most importantly, you start defining the remote controller stations at station #25 on the main controller even if you don’t have sprinklers connected to a bunch of the main controller expansion ports. So, you might only be using 11 stations on the main controller, but leave stations 12 through 24 untouched, and define the first remote controller as station #25.

Also, when running a remote station, the main controller will report back as 0 ma current.

Ray
    Keymaster

Thanks for posting the tips.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Some notes about Remote Stations