OpenSprinkler Forums Pictures and Creative Use Sprinkler Install in Garage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

SprinklerDave
    Participant

I enjoyed seeing other people’s installs, so I figured I’d share my own.

Installed into a standard Orbit sprinkler box they sell at the local hardware store in the garage. This replaces an existing Hunter install. I tried to reuse the Hunter box and gut it out using a Dremel, but it was too small. The Orbit box fit much better. This is four 7 strand sprinkler wires which currently waters 9 lawn zones and the others are expansion for garden drip irrigation. Two of the 7 strands are 150 feet, one is 25 feet, and the last is 300 feet using 24vAC. It runs without issue.

I will eventually look into controlling some landscape lighting with the controller. Once I do that, I will probably relocate the entire controller to a different location.

Attachments:

Ray
    Keymaster

Cool, thanks for sharing!

Smartin
    Participant

This looks really nice, thank you for sharing!

Dave would mind sharing how you adjust for drought? Pretty please!

SprinklerDave
    Participant

@Smartin sorry for the long reply. I haven’t been back here in months. I adjust for the weather by just keeping an eye on how the grass looks and adjusting the schedule. I created an Excel interface using VBA + curl to make it easier to switch up my schedules with the OS API. I keep seasonal settings on another tab, so I can just copy/paste and click to save to the controller. This has served me well for over a year now. It schedules a bit differently than the OS interface does in that the OS interface focuses when you want a program to start, but mine focuses on when you want the watering to be finished. I like to have all my zones done by a certain time in the morning and the sidewalk zones done earlier just to be nice, so it does the math to make sure it finishes exactly 6AM.

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Pictures and Creative Use Sprinkler Install in Garage