OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Static IP and NTP settings

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Ray.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

artb
    Participant

Hi: I am currently running Firmware Version 2.1.6(1) and App Version 1.49

I just noticed that under the Advanced Settings the NTP, DHCP and Static settings options are no longer available. All I have is HTTP Port and Device settings.

There is no longer any mention of these settings in the OSPi manual so is this now the standard for the app or is there something I need to do to update/fix the system. I’ve done the obvious things like rebooting the system etc.

Thanks.

Miles
    Participant

Since the os is most likely based on debian, you will need to edit your interfaces file under /etc/network for the network setup. NTP should be configured with /etc/ntp.conf and the ntpd daemon.

Ray
    Keymaster

NTP and static IP are options that are only available on the microcontroller-based OpenSprinkler. On OSPi (OpenSprinkler Pi), these are managed by the Linux system so they are done directly in the Linux system and not part of the firmware.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Static IP and NTP settings