OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Static IP DNS Server?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jessaskey
    Participant

My apologies if this has been addressed already but I didn’t see an answer to this aspect..

I know that the recommended way of assigning an IP is via MAC reservation from the DHCP server, but my router sucks and doesn’t work reliably with that for some reason. So, I have a static IP… 192.168.0.245, GW is 192.168.0.1. Pretty standard.

I noticed that my Weather Diagnostics shows Last Weather Call as 1-1-1970 (min date for short dates) any my Zimmerman percentage is not changing ever.

I was wondering on a static IP, what server the OS uses for DNS queries… or is everything done via IP address directly?

My Wunderground account shows requests each day and the key validates (green) in the setup screen.

I guess Im just confused why OpenSprinkler is not updating my Percentange each day? It is just sitting at 20% (what I had it at before setting up Wunderground and Zimmerman).

thanks…. OH Yeah… the important stuff…. DIY Kit – Hardware 2.2, Firmware 2.1.4 (not the most recent one from two weeks ago).

Jess

Samer
    Keymaster

Hi Jess,

This is actually a recent bug discovered in 2.1.4 and a fix will be released very soon in 2.1.5.

For now, rebooting the controller should resolve the issue.

Thanks!

jessaskey
    Participant

Voila! That did it… thanks for the quick response. 🙂

tom
    Participant

For what it’s worth, I’ve been having huge problems with my router and port forwarding… I ended up buying an Amped AC1750 high power router, which works well for the LAN. But when I tried to open port forwarding to access my OS controller while on vacation, it was impossible. Also, it is impossible to shut off internet access to the router’s controller menu. Tech support just kept cycling me through the same diagnostics each time I called, then said to “send it in for service” – disconnecting my wifi network while they fixed it. I ended up buying a new one, but that had the same firmware problem. I won’t be buying any more Amped Wireless products.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Static IP DNS Server?