OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Static IP issue with new 3.0 unit

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Marco83
    Participant

Hello, I just got my new 3.0 unit after I managed to render my old one unserviceable.
    Let me say it really looks impressive!! But I have a big issue: it does not seem to accept a static IP. I inserted a static one (192.168.1.48) as I insert it in the “IP address” section but by pressing the B1 button it just takes a random ip from the router. Interstingly, it keeps the port I assigned it.
    I tried every possible way, but still it does not seem to accept a static IP.

Any help? what am I missing?

Thanks a lot

Marco

Ray
    Keymaster

Sorry about the issue. There is a bug in the current firmware 2.1.7 for OS 3.0 that makes it ignore the static IP setting. The fix is actually pretty easy (and we’ve just fixed this for OpenGarage recently). In the meantime, please consider using your router’s DHCP reservation feature (most routers support this feature). You can bind a fixed IP to your OpenSprinkler’s MAC address, and the router will guarantee to assign the same fixed IP to OpenSprinkler. You can also set a static IP out of your normal DHCP IP range.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Static IP issue with new 3.0 unit