OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Static sunrise and sunset time/manual run

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Ray.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ryan Turnquist
    Participant

Is it possible to set the sunrise time to a specific time (say 7am) and likewise set the sunset time to a specific time (say 7pm)? The sunrise/sunset time would not change base on time of the year or location and would be user defined.

I have a client that uses the OS to control lighting and likes it to have a 12 hour light cycle (7am to 7pm). So he set the program to come on at 7am and run for 12 hours which works great. However the system also runs a watering system and on occasion he had to quickly use the stop all stations button when a leak/emergency occurred. So in doing so it also turned off the lights. Which is not a problem but when he wanted to turn back on the lights he could not manually run his existing lighting program as it is set to run for 12 hours but it was well pass the 7am start time. Therefore the only solution would be to roughly calculate the remaining time to the program and do a run once program.

I think I have a possible solution. Under the program page each zone has the option for set duration on time and sunrise to sunset / sunset to sunrise option. If this was also available on the homepage manual station run (or the ability to select to run to the next sunrise or sunset), he would be able to select manual start and use it to run to the next sunset or sunrise time (user defined in my case or location defined sunrise/sunset time) for that day.

So in conclusion, I am looking for the ability to manually set the sunrise and sunset time and the ability to manually run a station until it hits the nearest sunset or sunrise time. Is something like this possible? Is there a better option.

Thanks
    Ryan

Ray
    Keymaster

If you want a fixed sunrise / sunset time, wouldn’t that be the same as setting a fixed start time? The point of sunrise / sunset times are that they are dynamic. If you don’t want them to be dynamic, you can simply calculate the fixed start time and/or run time and use those.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Static sunrise and sunset time/manual run