OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Stations not working with OSPi setup

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

kkphilli1
    Participant

So I got my OSPi configuration setup. I took a picture of the hunter configuration and I duplicated it with the OSPi board. But when I test a station nothing happens. The OSPi board is lit green so I know it’s being properly powered. I have a RPi 3 Model B board. I believe using a USB nano wifi adapter. I don’t have a microusb charger plugged into the RPi 3 Model B. Maybe it’s underpowered. Any idea what’s going on? See attached image for the original Hunter configuration.

Attachments:

Mike
    Participant

I’m not sure what’s going on, but some pictures of your new setup may help.

Mike

Ray
    Keymaster

If you just installed your OSPi in the past few days, there was some firmware / UI issue that we have fixed, so the issue you are seeing might be related. When you turn on a zone, on the user interface you should see a brief message that says ‘Station Queued’ and then that station will be shown running. If nothing happens, make sure you clear your browser history, or use the updated OpenSprinkler mobile app.

kkphilli1
    Participant

Below is the OSPi config and the power adapter being used. The adapter is the same that was being used for the Hunter SRC controller. I noticed today when I plugged out the adapter and replugged, all zones came on but the water pressure wasn’t as forceful as when the Hunter was attached. I also plugged the USB charger into the RPi.

kkphilli1
    Participant

If I turn on a station, nothing happens. I saw the thread about the firmware issue, and I tried the “git checkout” steps mentioned but my firmware version still says 2.1.8.

Ray
    Keymaster

The issue with firmware 2.1.8 has been fixed — make sure you clear your browser history, or use the updated OpenSprinkler mobile app. If you check the ‘About’ page it should say App Version 1.7.7. If not, your app or UI is not up-to-date.

Joshblack07
    Participant

I also just got my ospi and I was able to get the software on a newly setup of Raspbian stretch lite. I can see the software working, but nothing happens with my sprinklers. I have 1.7.7. Any ideas on how to fix the issue. My rpi3 has a micro USB power.

calanish
    Participant

The UK store is still only showing 1.7.6 for the app currently. It says it has a small fix for 2.18 firmware with OSPi, updated 6 days ago.

Samer
    Keymaster

Version 1.7.7 fixed a bug detecting the region which prevented adjustment of the Zimmerman options. This should be available in the app stores soon however the web version should be at the latest version now.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was able to get everything all up and running last week. I made a few changes but I’m not sure what caused it to start working. Everything is working wonderfully. The changes were:

1. Using a RPi Model 3 instead of a Model 2
    2. Using Raspbian Stretch Lite fresh install

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Stations not working with OSPi setup