OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Stuck trying to update to 2.1.5

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DaveC
    Participant

This is my first time doing a FW update…
    I have OS HW v2.3 and its currently running FW v2.1.4. I am trying to do the FW Update using a Win7 PC.
    Plugging in the USB cable results in the following failure message.
    USB2.0-Serial Driver Not Found
    I’ve let it search for a driver and none is found.
    The Windows driver listed in the FW Update directions is only for Win XP.
    So, what driver do I need? Or what dumb mistake an I making? Yes, I watched the video and read the instructions.

Thanks

Ray
    Keymaster

You can try to install the Windows XP driver — that driver should work on all Windows platforms (although so far we are only aware of Windows XP that requires that driver, all other, more recent Windows systems can automatically detect and install driver for the USB serial chip). If this doesn’t work, try it on a different computer.

DaveC
    Participant

I connected my wife’s identical (HW-wise) notebook to the OS and it connected OK (CH340 driver). The only USB usage difference that I know of between her system and mine is that I use a Keyspan USB to Serial adapter to connect to other devices. I then loaded the Win XP driver (listed as CH341) on my system and that worked. (When it configures it says its a CH340 driver). The rest of the FW update was simple.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Stuck trying to update to 2.1.5