OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) System trouble shooting

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Daniel Holdsworth
    Participant

Hi Guys, I have been Happily using OSPi for a few years now with few issues. However, Recently my system stopped working. Thinking it was the old OSPi board/Raspberry Pie I was using, I replaced both with the new OSPi (V1.43 and a raspberry pie 3b+, but I seem to be having the same issues with the new system.

Basically, I have it all set up and running but it doesn’t seem to be opening/closing the valves as expected. I have checked the voltage at the outputs on the OSPi and they don’t seem to change when I switch a zone on or off.

To confirm the valves and wiring was still working, I connected the end to a 12v power source and the each valve opened just fine. So this leads me to believe that its something with the OSPi/raspberry pie setup itself. I read that when using the Raspberry pie 3, that I should plug the raspberry pie into its own power supply, but this seems to make no difference.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this before? or is anyone able to offer any advice to get the setup working correctly?

Mike
    Participant

Did you also replace the power supply when you replaced the hardware? It could be that your old power supply is acting up.

Mike

Ray
    Keymaster

When you changed to Rpi 3 b+, did you install Raspbian from scratch and install firmware by following instructions here?
    https://openthings.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/5000631599-installing-and-updating-the-unified-firmware
    If you are using an older SD card with the original pre-configured SD card image, that won’t work because that was based on a very old version of Raspbian and it doesn’t support the newer RPis.

Daniel Holdsworth
    Participant

I did a clean install of Raspbian as per https://openthings.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/5000631599-installing-and-updating-the-unified-firmware, but it looks like i used an old version. I have updated to the latest version (2019-04-08) and it seems to be working perfect now. Thx for the replys 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) System trouble shooting