OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Time not correct on OpenSprinkler Pi

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

superbrudd
    Participant

Hi,
    Time on my Opensprinkler is approximately 16 hours out – ie it now says 23:35 24th Feb on my OpenSprinkler Pi when the local time is 17:39 on 25th of Feb.
    I’ve tried setting the location and timezone multiple times to get it right.
    Could it be a setting on the raspberry pi itself?

If I try sudo raspi-config, Localisation Options, and select the right timezone (Australia, Brisbane), it is still incorrect on the raspberry pi.
    It should have an internet connection, but maybe the NTP is not working?
    How can I fix that?

I also tried setting time manually from command line (sudo timedatectl set-time ‘2021-25-02 17:43:00’) and got the following:
    System has not been booted with systemd as init system (PID 1). Can’t operate.
    Failed to create bus connection: Host is down

Any help appreciated!

KSprinkler75
    Participant

I have the 2.3 AC hardware and the time on mine keeps drifting even though NTP is enabled. It’s currently about 1 day behind now. Any luck resolving this?

Incorrect Time

Ray
    Keymaster

For OSPi: the OpenSprinkler firmware doesn’t manage time keeping directly, you should take a look at the Raspbian configuration manual to see how to configure it to obtain the correct time from NTP

For OS 2.3: if you are not on the latest firmware, which is 2.1.9(7), please update to the latest firmware as the NTP server from some older firmwares are no longer valid.

KSprinkler75
    Participant

Ray, mine is running 2.1.9(7). To troubleshoot, I pointed it to my NTP server and the problem came back soon after. I then pointed it to time-d-b.nist.gov 132.163.96.4 a few days ago and the same issue started occurring after a couple days.

OS Version Info

Attachments:
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Time not correct on OpenSprinkler Pi