OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Time related issue, Raspberry pi correct but opensprinkler sets it own time

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

macason
    Participant

The time is incorrect in open sprinkler and im not sure where to rectify it ..

RASPI date command returns – Sunday 15 November 10:19:35 AWST 2015

Open sprinkler UI shows – Nov 14th 2015, 22:28:55

Open sprinkler config shows – Correct locality through google maps, with -4 offset (greyed out).

Australia WST is +8.00 …

the only part of this setup that seems to be showing the correct date is Raspberry PI.

Note. Opensprinkler was installed before timezone was setup on PI, I have since change locality back and forth and rebooted the whole system several times..

Could this be that the open sprinkler service is starting before the RASPI has time to NTP down the correct time so the service always starts at the incorrect time ?

Should I be stopping the the openSprinkler service from kicking off until NTP has finished ??

Thoughts ??

Ray
    Keymaster

Did you by any chance changed the location (in Edit Options)? If not, the firmware time will be default UTC-4:00. You need to change the location in order to get the correct time.

macason
    Participant

Yeah my location was set, but somewhere along the line its decided to work, I was at work all day – come home and its correct …. all good …

Thanks for your time …

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Time related issue, Raspberry pi correct but opensprinkler sets it own time