OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Time unexpectedly set to the future

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jmbwell
    Participant

The time and date are unexpectedly leaping into the future. Currently, when this happens, it thinks the date is April 2092. This prevents my schedules from running.

I have checked the NTP settings and I have tried various servers. When I set an NTP server, the time refreshes correctly and will stay that way for several hours. But eventually it glitches into the future. This happens with my internal NTP server as well as the NIST servers in Maryland and in Colorado.

It seems to coincide with another issue. When I try to change settings in the app, as when troubleshooting this date time issue, I can’t save any changes. When I tap submit, it says to please check the settings and try again.

In the latter case, rebooting the device gets it so I can save changes. I can then set the time server and get the correct time to appear.

I can’t tell what might be contributing factors. Other devices using my internal NTP server don’t have this issue. Coupled with the save changes problem, I suspect the OpenSprinkler device itself.

I am using “the white opensprinkler.” The PSU is a 24VAC one I ordered with the device. It worked all last year without any trouble. This seems to have cropped up in the past week or so.

What else should I try?

Ray
    Keymaster

This might be an I2C issue — the chip communicates with the real-time clock through I2C, might have some interference on I2C. You can submit a support ticket so we can arrange for service.

jmbwell
    Participant

Will do, thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Time unexpectedly set to the future