Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Ryan
    Participant

I’ve had my OSpi running without issue most of the way through it’s second season. I recently had the transformer fail so I replaced with a new one and noticed some strange behavior from the unit.

When turning a zone on, all zones receive voltage (~26v)
    If I turn the zone off, all zones remain on. The webserver and the android app indicate the zones are off.
    If I reboot the unit or pull the plug when the zones are “stuck on” the zones will then shut off. (all zones are receiving ~26v)
    I thought I might have an issue with my pi so I tested with another pi, same result.

I popped the hood and probed with my multimeter and things seemed ok. Nothing struck me as blown, but I’m not electrical engineer.

Perhaps someone could point me in the proper direction of what I should be testing/looking for?

Best regards, and thank you for your time.

Ray
    Keymaster

“When turning a zone on, all zones receive voltage (~26v)” — this sounds like the shift register has a problem, as I can’t think of any other reason to explain this symptom. You should send a support ticket and arrange to send your board to us so that we can check and replace the shift register if necessary.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.