OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Troubleshooting DC Expansion Board V3

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dwjp
    Participant

I’ve built an OpenSprinkler 3 DC from scratch (previous post: https://opensprinkler.com/forums/topic/capacitor-value-on-opensprinkler-3-0-rtc-and-misc-errata-for-scratch-build/)

The main 8 valves all work fine, but now trying with an expansion board and things are a bit funny.

1) If I start with the expansion board connected, the unit seems to thing it’s an AC unit rather than DC? None of the valves work then, presumably because the DC pre-charge/common side circuitry isn’t being operated. Could well be an hardware problem, but wondering whether this provides any clues on where to look… scratching my head a bit as it’s a relatively simple board and can’t see anything obviously wrong.

2) I’ve built the first version of the expansion board (using older I2C expansion board), and just want to check if there are any errata there. For instance, I noticed that RT1-8 on the main board are 1k, but RT1-16 are 220 ohm on the expansion board (I’ve tried with 1k as well just for good measure, but doesn’t seem to fix anything).

dwjp
    Participant

Dodgy cable 🤯

Cut old IDC connectors off, put new ones on, and all fine.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Troubleshooting DC Expansion Board V3