OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Two Stations Operating Simultaneously Despite Only One Being Activated

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

George
    Participant

I’ve owned a unit since 2016 without any problems, but recently an issue has arisen. Roughly two years ago, I added an expansion unit. In the last one to two weeks, I’ve observed that when station 9 is activated, station 10 begins operating about 30 seconds into station 9’s cycle. Subsequently, station 10 turns off for around 30 seconds and then resumes. This pattern also occurs when station 10 is active; station 9 starts and stops in approximately 30-second intervals. I’ve tried updating and downgrading the firmware and even performed a factory reset, but the issue persists. Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing this?

Ray
    Keymaster

What’s the hardware version of your OpenSprinkler?

George
    Participant

Current Firmware 2.1.9(11)
    Hardware version : 2.3AC

I had upgraded to 2.3? no change (and it took forever to boot, so I downgraded to 2.1.9(11).
    I am going to the house today (my ex-wife’s house) and change station 9 and 10 to different connections on the expansion board as only 1,2 and 3 are used. I will report back what happens.

Ah, most stations report back 170mAh but 9 and 10 report back 375

George
    Participant

As an update. I connected the wires from stations 9 10 and 11 to 20, 21 and 22 and the issue has stopped. Could it be a hardware issue?
    The wires at the valves were damaged by a weedwacker so maybe it got shorted out?

George
    Participant

New update. Station 20 is will stay on even if stop all stations is pressed. 350ma is shown at the bottom of the app.
    I am guessing it’s ot a HW issue with the extention board of its sw.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Two Stations Operating Simultaneously Despite Only One Being Activated