OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App UI bug or user error (units)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Rondal
    Participant

Hi,

I’m pretty new to OpenSprinkler but noticed something strange with the units in the Webinterface. My location is in Germany and OS is configured accordingly. To my understanding that should mean that all of my units are metric. But sometimes (can’t tell under which circumstances) it will jump back to imperial units. The values are all correct. Reloading the page does not change the effect. But if I open the page with another browser (or incognito) it is correct again.

See screenshot.

Peter
    Participant

Hmm, this isn’t the first time I’ve seen this comment on the forums. It could be a caching issue given the difference between main and incognito.

Basically, the App checks the Browser locale at start-up to initialise an isMetric field. It uses the browser language setting to do this (i.e. “en-GB” says English Great Britain and therefore metric). It will then overwrite this default based on the Location you have set in the Map following a successful call to the Weather Service. So you could have a language set as “en-US” which puts you into Imperial but then subsequently see it change to Metric as the weather service identifies you in Germany.

I’m hoping you know how to use Chrome Developer Tools ? If you are able then could you open Chrome Developer Tools in both the General and the Incognito tabs and enter the following two lines into the Console. This will tell us the current situation and help bottom this out:

navigator.language

isMetric

Cheers.

Samer
    Keymaster

Just to update this thread: @peter identified the issue and pushed a fix for the problem. This was released last week as 1.8.6.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App UI bug or user error (units)