OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware UI through network different???

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

automate
    Participant

I built the kit and it works perfect. The phone app and through the network screens look the same and I don’t know if that is correct.

The user manual shows the interface to look like this one below with buttons etc.

I updated the firmware to 210. What else do I need to do?

Samer
    Keymaster

Starting with firmware 2.0.9, the device uses the same UI on both the desktop and the app and will do so moving forward. The screenshot you referenced is the UI used before firmware 2.0.9.

Ray
    Keymaster

The user manual online is outdated (based on firmware 1.8). We will be releasing an updated user manual for firmware 2.1.0 very soon within a couple of days.

automate
    Participant

OK, thanks for the quick response. I will stay tuned, I am sure there are options I need to learn.

Ray
    Keymaster

OK, just so you can take a look at the new user manual, I have attached it here. Some video links are missing but the textual content is pretty much complete. As soon as the user manual is officially released I will delete this attachment so we don’t have multiple copies floating around.

automate
    Participant

Thank you for the new instructions.

I am trying to get logging to work, on page 11 is says;

“unless noted otherwise, the controller does NOT come with microSD card built-in. In order to use logging, please 

refer to the Advanced Topics section for instructions on how to install a microSD card.”

I went to advanced topics and there is no reference to using the SD card for logging.

Do I just put one in and it starts logging or does it need something written to it before?

Ray
    Keymaster

Did you read Advanced Topics — part 1, entitled “Installing a microSD card”?? The last sentence specifically says the firmware is configured to automatically use microSD card for logging.

automate
    Participant

I must be blind. I navigate to opensprinkler.com>support>advanced and I don’t see anything referencing logging only UI assets. Can you point me to the link?

automate
    Participant

Just found it, sorry

For anyone else it is in the .pdf manual

Samer
    Keymaster

The document itself (the attached PDF) has its own “advanced topics” section which is what Ray is referring to.

Ray
    Keymaster

@automate: OK, I see what you mean. As Samer said, the user manual is self-contained and so the ‘Advanced Topics’ section it’s referring to is in the manual itself.

automate
    Participant

Not a problem. I thought I had read it (about formatting the SD card) somewhere but have been reading so much lately couldn’t remember where or if it was even this project. When I realized I needed it for logging I went to the opensprinkler site, that seemed logical.

In any case THANK YOU to all that have made this possible, the idea, the kit, the firmware, the app. It all works as advertised, no problems assembling it or getting it to work. It is very intuitive to program, GREAT JOB!!!!!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware UI through network different???