OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Unable to Change Password on Interval Program

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

kenbob

I just installed the Interval Program on the Raspberry Pi and it looks great. I noticed that I am unable to change the default password (opendoor) to my own. Is it me or is it a bug? I launched the app with sudo python ospi.py. Just thought I would share. Thank you Ray for a great product and Dan for your hard work porting this over to the Pi.

Ray
    Keymaster

My understanding is that the password is defined in a file. So you can simply open the file and edit the password.

kenbob

When you change the password in the Options screen it writes to the pwd.txt file.
    Until this is fixed you have to copy the /home/pi/OSPi/data/pwd.txt file contents to the sd.json file, paste it to the right of “pwd”: “xxxxx” <---This is the encrypted password.

Dan in CA
    Participant

Hi kenbob,

I see the problem.
    If you are into some Python hacking, change line 449 from this:

if qdict !=” and qdict == qdict: save(‘pwd’, base64.b64encode(qdict))

to this:

if qdict !=” and qdict == qdict: sd = base64.b64encode(qdict)

Just the part after the colon has changed. The program no longer uses the pwd.txt file.

I will be submitting an updated version of the program in the next day or so. The updated version will also include a logging capability.

Dan

kenbob

Hi Dan,

I was trying to figure out where the problem was, but my programming skills are a bit limited. I will make the changes tonight and test it. Thank you for your reply, this is a great addition to the Pi. So far everything else looks and works perfectly.

kenbob

I made the changes and it worked. Thank You. 😀

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Unable to Change Password on Interval Program