OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Unable to connect from iOS App

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Patrick
    Participant

The app will not connect to my Site when my iPhone not on my WiFi network… that is, when I am away from home and on a cell network.

Samer
    Keymaster

Hi Patrick,

You need to be using the external IP address in order to access the OpenSprinkler outside of the WiFi network (eg: cell network). The other caveat is the OpenSprinkler port must be port forwarded through your router.

The external IP can be found at http://wimi.com or typing ‘ip’ into Google.

To port forward your OpenSprinkler, you will need to identify your router model and consult it’s documentation for opening a port. The default port is 80. Some guides are available here: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/routerindex.htm. If you need assistance let us know.

Thanks,
    Samer

mejutty
    Participant

I have the issue with not being able to connect with an ios device.  I have 3 android devices working both inside and outside the home network with port forwarding and a dyndns setup.  But the ios device can never get a connection.  I do have a random (not random but just an obscure port number)  external port that is then being redirected to the internal 8080 I cannot get a connection from either external via ip or dns or inside using the ip address and the internal port number.  Any suggestion’s as to what could be up??

Samer
    Keymaster

Hi @mejutty,

Are you using a proxy with SSL? If so, the certificate has to be valid and trusted by the device or it will fail. That is something I have personally run into.

Otherwise, the app is the same code for both Android and iOS so not sure what could be the cause. If you use Safari to access the IP:Port, does the web interface load?

Thanks

mejutty
    Participant

Not using ssl and no I cannot browse to the web address from safari on the apple.  I can both use the web browser and the app on my android but neither on the iphone.  I am using port 65505 so it may be something to do with using that port number.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Mobile and Web App Unable to connect from iOS App