OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Unable to connect to Wi-Fi or perform Factory Reset

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

mdownward
    Participant

Hi, I have an OpenSprinkler 3.0, purchased in January 2018.

It has been working fine for 2+ years, but in the past couple of weeks, I have noticed that it stopped letting me change configuration (e.g. changing the timing for a sprinkler in a program – it doesn’t complain when I try to save, it just doesn’t actually persist the change).

No recent firmware changes – think I am on 2.1.7. Actually have had various issues upgrading beyond that point in the past couple of years, so have given up.

This morning I decided to reboot the unit (from the Android app) to see if it came right.

However, after the reboot, it just showed “Connecting to…” on the screen, and did not appear to be able to connect to the Wi-Fi network.

I tried to put it into AP mode (B3+B2), but the unit just rebooted itself each time I tried.

I tried to perform a factory reset (off/on/hold B1), and it comes up with “Factory Reset… Yes”, so I hold B3, and it says “Rebooting”, and then just comes back up as it was before (stuck at “Connecting to…”) – without actually performing the factory reset. I can confirm that the factory reset did not occur, as I can still see my various programs through the menus on the device itself.

Any insight or guidance appreciated at this point. I believe the unit should still be working (so my garden won’t dry out), but I obviously need to be able to monitor and configure it…

Cheers
    Michael

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Unable to connect to Wi-Fi or perform Factory Reset