Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

rjalex
    Participant

Since this morning I am unable to access OpenSprinkler in my home LAN because I am getting the usual web loading screen which stays black and has an error in red “Unable to load UI” under the OpenSprinkler logo.

Tried with both Safari and Firefox from my Mac but it does work allright from my iPhone Sprinkler app !

Thanks for any help.

Samer
    Keymaster

Sorry for the trouble you are experiencing. This is related to an outage with 1and1, which hosted rayshobby.net. We have since moved to Digital Ocean and have been moving services over as quickly as possible. The error should be resolved by forcing a page refresh (ensure no cache is being used). The other issue might be a cached DNS reply (rebooting the router and computer can clear this typically).

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience as we transition to these better servers and it resolves the issue in the long term.

Thank you for your understanding

rwp
    Participant

exactly the same happened to me.Turned off and on all computers,routers,tp link,phome but can’t access open sprinkler.refresh doesn’t work,you don’t explain how to ensure no cache is being used.I had been using only the original interface as the mobile app style is too jumpy when field testing valves on manual but now even the the error page saying “unable to load UI is in the more modern style like the forum now is.What is the time frame to fix this? Also I use an older Ipad[5.1.1] for mobile control is this no longer supported? thanks rwp

Samer
    Keymaster

@rwp, You are correct that I have not outlined a proper path to fix this and that’s because I don’t have one. Right now, with the outage, the state of DNS is in limbo. These things are honestly out of my control as each server will cache replies and have it’s own time to live parameter. There are many user’s with the issue you are experiencing and we are working to get this fixed.

In the meantime, may I suggest a Chrome or Firefox extension, available here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/opensprinkler/iegciplggbmhpihoeamfpjdedihblhhp?hl=en or https://marketplace.firefox.com/app/opensprinkler

Again, we are working diligently to get this resolved and will post an update once everything is stable again.

Thank you for your patience.

Update: Ray will be posting a guide to switch the UI from rayshobby.net/scripts/sprinklers/js to ui.opensprinkler.com/js. This will resolve the issue since the problem is with rayshobby.net and not opensprinkler.com. The change can be accomplished by going to http://os_ip/su. More detailed instructions will be coming soon.

rjalex
    Participant

No worries Sal !!! I am always grateful about all of your hard work.
    Take care.

Samer
    Keymaster

From what I can see, the domain issue is resolved and normal operation should be resumed at this point. Please let me know if you are still having issues.

Thanks!

rjalex
    Participant

Hi there Sal,
    I’m sorry for all the problems you had to solve ! Thanks

Unfortunately now my two browsers don’t throw the error but alas remain a totally white empty page ! 🙁 No problems via the iOS app !

Samer
    Keymaster

Okay, I believe I have found the particular issue and pushed a fix. The new server wasn’t providing the CORS header and preventing the app from working. This only affected rayshobby.net and not opensprinkler.com.

Please let me know if things are working as normal again.

rjalex
    Participant

Oh YESSSS ! 🙂 Great thanks so much ! You’re my hero (and my garden’s) 😉

vinny
    Participant

not working for me i get this error in the console

[Error] SyntaxError: Invalid regular expression: unmatched parentheses
    (anonymous function) (jqm.jgz, line 1)

Samer
    Keymaster

@vinny, I believe I found the issue and have pushed a fix. You might need to refresh the page manually to see the changes.

Thanks!

rwp
    Participant

Thanks for the extensions as a work around but now another ?.I upgraded to to the beta and don’t understand what I did wrong when trying to export my setup for restoring.
    I tried the export to email and export to file but there was no promts. I tried several times.I clicked local but when I restated and tried to import there was nothing but a file in windows notebook that is not recognized.Is there a chance that my setup is still around? What normanly should show when you click export email or file or local?
    Also I can’t get out of boston in location. thanks rwp

Ray
    Keymaster

Also I can’t get out of boston in location

Can you provide more specifics? Do you mean you can’t change the location?

Samer
    Keymaster

I upgraded to to the beta and don’t understand what I did wrong when trying to export my setup for restoring.

Well hopefully you exported your data before upgrading.

I tried the export to email and export to file but there was no promts. I tried several times.I clicked local but when I restated and tried to import there was nothing but a file in windows notebook that is not recognized.Is there a chance that my setup is still around? What normanly should show when you click export email or file or local?

Exporting to file will cause the browser to download a file, typically to your download directory. Local saves it to the application’s internal storage. This should persist through upgrades, etc. If a backup is found within the app, the import button will present an option to restore from internal storage. If you have a file on your desktop, named backup.json, then you have a backup on your computer. You can also use that to import. Export email will open your default email client with an email drafted with the backup as the content. File just downloads a file.

rwp
    Participant

No backup was generated before the update.I clicked the export buttons a few times but probably did’nt hit submit.The sd card card showed properly.Now after the update it does backup to a .json file in the downloads folder.I set up the API for weather but how can I specify what weather station to use?Where is wunder choosing as my location?If it’s the city showing in the open sprinkler weather box it will be useless around here as the town location just got over 2 inches of rain and at my location less than 1/4 inch.There are several wunder private and government weather stations less than one mile from my location.Is there any way to know if the api is using specific data?Is the weather adjustment off in manual mode?Thanks for the update still looking for a run once button for any scheduled program.
    Extra start times is unusual compared to industry standards,most all controllers have 3 to 8 start times numbered and set by time like open’s first start time.The mobile ui is way better.I hadn’t updated in awhile,it nows is easy to use as a remote control for field work thanks rwp

rwp
    Participant

Aloha managed to get a location on the same side of Hawaii island but to far away to be useful for weather control.Anyway to specify a weather station? Thanks rwp

Ray
    Keymaster

@rwp: First of all, please, when posting multiple questions, split them in bullets so it’s easy for us to track all the questions you asked. Putting all questions in one paragraph with no space in between makes it really hard to keep track.

how can I specify what weather station to use?

You can specify a Wunderground PWS station as your location. For example, the one closest to me is pws:KMAAMHER2. For specifics, please check Wunderground.com.

Is there any way to know if the api is using specific data?

Whichever location you set in OpenSprinkler, you can type in the same location in Wunderground.com and you will see the data it’s using. Also, in the web interface, on the side bar (click on the upper-left corner icon will bring out the side bar), ‘Wunderground Diagnostics’ tells you the data it’s using.

Is the weather adjustment off in manual mode?

Yes, weather adjustment is always ignored in manual or run-once program, because you typically want to specify the exact amount of water time in manual and run-once program mode.

Extra start times is unusual compared to industry standards most all controllers have 3 to 8 start times numbered and set by time like open’s first start time

I do not understand what you mean. This firmware allows up to 4 start times. In addition, you can specify repeating start times, which is similar to the ‘interval’ start times in the old firmware. Would you like more start times or less start times?

Thanks for the update still looking for a run once button for any scheduled program.

There is a run-once program button right on the homepage.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.