OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Update 2.0.3 with Win 10

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

John
    Participant

I have never updated my Firmware (currently 2.0.3) so today I tried to do it by following the guide https://opensprinkler.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000381694-opensprinkler-firmware-update-guide#update

I can’t seem to get Win10 to see my OpenSprinkler at all. I don’t get any messages about unknown devices or anything. If I just plug the USB straight in the OpenSprinkler powers up. If I got into bootloader mode the screen stays off as it should. Obviously the OpenSprinkler Updater tool can’t find any devices as Win 10 has not detected it.

Where can I start to troubleshoot?

John
    Participant

I borrowed a laptop with Win7 and was able able to update the firmware with it. Looks like the USB drivers are not working with Win 10.

Ray
    Keymaster

Hi, thanks for reporting this. I haven’t installed Win 10 but will do so as soon as possible to check the driver issue.

Kraig
    Participant

Any luck with this? I’m running Updater 1.0.3 on Win10 with hardware 2.3. Updater installed fine. I plug in my hardware, Updater pops up and says “Updating supported device list…” and never goes beyond that. Thanks…

Samer
    Keymaster

We will take another look at this to try to identify the issue. Thank you for the additional details.

Kraig
    Participant

Minor correction. Updater pops up whenever I log in to Windows, even if hardware is not connected.

Note: when plugged in, hardware shows up as USB-SERIAL CH340 (COM5).

Ray
    Keymaster

I think it can be turned off in the ‘Startup Program’ settings. If you can’t find it in Control Panel, you can open a command line and type ‘msconfig’, then go to ‘Startup Programs’ tab, find OpenSprinkler Updater and uncheck it. Then restart.

Kraig
    Participant

I just deleted it from %appdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup. I was just trying to make the point that it wasn’t the hardware making it pop up, it was starting automatically.

Kraig
    Participant

It’s a permission thing. I ran updater as an Administrator, and it works fine. I’m on 2.1.6 (2) now.

Samer
    Keymaster

Thank you for letting us know the ultimate reason for the failure. We have updated the guide to reflect this requirement for Windows in the guide.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Update 2.0.3 with Win 10