OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Update reverted me back to V2.0.1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

gmoney123
    Participant

I have an OSPi that has been working for a few years. A while back i updated to V2.1 and it ran great. I powered it back up this year and it would run for a day or two then become unreachable. To fix this I tried to rerun the firmware update using the instructions here Update instructions After doing this, it now runs V2.0.1.
    Did I use the wrong update instruction? How do I get it back to 2.1?
    Thanks!

Ray
    Keymaster

I don’t understand what is this version 2.0.1 you are referring to: the current firmware is 2.1.8.

gmoney123
    Participant

Thanks for your response. the web interface after I went through the instructions listed above now is the old version with much less functionality (V2.0.1). I have attached a pic showing software version 2.0.1. How do I get it back to 2.1.8?

Attachments:

Samer
    Keymaster

This is a 3rd party firmware written by Dan. This was the software used prior to the OpenSprinkler firmware being a single code base that can run on Arduino and OSPi. You can stop the current program and just install the OpenSprinkler firmware as directed here: https://openthings.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000631599-installing-and-updating-the-unified-firmware

gmoney123
    Participant

Thanks Samer, If I understand you correctly, I should
    1) Uninstall Dan’s software as described in part C3
    Remove Dan’s Python OSPi program:
    sudo /etc/init.d/ospi stop
    sudo rm /etc/init.d/ospi
    sudo update-rc.d ospi remove

2) Install the unified firmware (instructions A 1-7)

I will try this this evening. However, the last time I tried to run the git command, it said the directory already existed. Do I need to delete anything first?

Thanks for your help.

Ray
    Keymaster

2) yes you can folder completely and reinstall by running the git command.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Update reverted me back to V2.0.1