OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Upgrading Firmware on OSPi to use Remote IP Station feature

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

muppet
    Participant

I want to add a new (my second OSPi) controller to control additional valves on the other side of my property. From what I understand, if the firmware is updated I can use the ‘Remote IP Station’ functionality to merge all stations into one station list.

I have performed the upgrade detailed here under “B. Upgrade a previously installed Unified Firmware”
    https://openthings.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000631599-installing-and-updating-the-unified-firmware

My firmware is now 1.8.3-OSPi

If I purchase a new OSPi, will this be enough to use the Remote IP Station?

wifi75
    Participant

Hello, sorry but I tryed to git pull but not new version found, why?
    See the attached

Attachments:

Ray
    Keymaster

@muppet: the firmware version has nothing to do with new OSPi or old OSPi — which ever version you have you can always upgrade to the latest firmware.

@wifi75
    : your screenshot shows that it’s already firmware 2.1.7(2) which is the latest version.

muppet
    Participant

Even after performing the upgrade procedure as detailed below, I am still only on 1.8.3
    How do I get to V2+?

https://openthings.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000631599-installing-and-updating-the-unified-firmware

Ray
    Keymaster

Look, 1.8.3 is not a firmware that we officially support — it’s probably one of the third-party firmwares. The Unified OpenSprinkler firmware never had version 1.8.3. Maybe you should just build the Raspbian system from scratch and follow instructions to install firmware.

muppet
    Participant

After a fresh install I’m on 2.1.7

I cannot find any documentation or options for the Remote IP Station feature, only a few references to it on this forum.
    Is there anything available? Does it work with V2.1.7?

thanks

muppet
    Participant

I found the advanced options tab under the station configuration where it can be configured

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums OpenSprinkler Unified Firmware Upgrading Firmware on OSPi to use Remote IP Station feature