OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Using OpenSprinkler as a Controller/Timer for other electronics?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

makr
    Participant

Hi all,
    I was wondering if anyone has hooked up their OpenSprinkler to anything else other than a sprinkler system with success.

I was looking to power my automatic fish feeders with these, as they are powered by a 12vDC, 500mA power adapter currently. I noticed that the DC version has a 12vDC, 1A output, so I was getting hopeful.

Do you think I’ll be able to plug in and power my feeder if I wire it directly to the terminal strip? (I have 12 feeders, but I can time them to work one at a time so I don’t blow the OpenSprinkler unit).

Thanks!

Ray
    Keymaster

I myself have used OpenSprinkler to control LED lights directly. As long as the device you are switching meets the voltage output of OpenSprinkler (on DC-powered OpenSprinkler it’s basically the voltage of the power adapter, so roughly 12V if you use 12VDC power adapter), and current per zone (up to 2amp per zone on DC controller), it should work fine. Your fished feeder should work well with DC-powered OpenSprinkler, with a 12VDC power supply.

makr
    Participant

I’ll try it out! Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Using OpenSprinkler as a Controller/Timer for other electronics?