OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Using ospi board with raspi

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

maxemanuel
    Participant

Hi Ray ,

i have the ospi plus board used with my raspberry pi 2 (model b). Because I needed it for another application testing I took it from my ospi 😉

in you’re writing in the shop that the ospi plus board isn’t compatible with raspberry pi 1.

i compared the ospi board 1.4 with 1.4+ and saw only that the number of gpio ports changed.

so if I would connect the ospi board with cables to my raspberry pi 1 it should work.

am I right or is there a mistake?

Ray
    Keymaster

OSPi 1.4 Plus can work with RPi 2 and RPi 1 A+ or B+. It however, doesn’t work with RPi 1 A or B — although the pins are still compatible, they can’t fit into the enclosure and the PCB cutouts. So if you want to use OSPi 1.4 Plus with RPi 1 A or B, you will have to use a ribbon cable to make the connection.

Partly the reason we discontinued the OSPi 1.4 Standard version is the fact that RPi 1 A or B is becoming increasingly obsolete, and the form factor is different from all the newer models including A+/B+/RPi 2.

kentaylor
    Participant

I know this is an old thread, but you can remove the composite video and analog audio connectors from an RPI 1 Model A or B and they’ll fit into connectors designed for 2+ RPis.

There is still an issue with the USB ports being further out from the board, so if you install even a micro-WiFi it will not fit in the default case, but you can cut space for it without too much trouble.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Using ospi board with raspi