OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Valve is breaking output driver

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Bruce
    Participant

I replaced a Irrtrol controller with the opensprinkler this week. The Irrtrol was on the blink so I figured this was a good time. I moved wiring from outside to inside the garage and it appeared to work (May have had this issue all along). I have only two current active valves that I want to control they are 24vac valves. I noticed that one was not working so I went to debug. I checked the voltage on the opensprinkler output pins when turning on that station and I was not seeing a voltage change. I disconnected the wire to the valve and I see I am getting about 6Vac on that station pin when station is on or off. I checked all other pins and they toggled  between 0 and 24vac when turning the station on. I then read all I could find to see if I output pin could be blown and didn’t see anything. So i connected the suspect valve to station 8 and tried that…. now that station pin will not supply 24vac even when not wired up! It appears what ever is happening on that valve is destroying the output drivers.

Hardware v2.2

Firmware: 2.1.2

Powersupply is from opensprinkler: 24vac 750ma

I was under the impression that it was basically not possible to blowup the output drivers on the opensprinkler.

Ray
    Keymaster

Can you use a multimeter to measure the resistance of each valve? It should be between 25 to 50 ohm. If it’s too low, chances are that your solenoid may be shorted somewhere. There is a non-zero chance that the triac may be damaged due to solenoid shorting, but the triac is very easy to replace. I suggest that you send an email to [email protected] to arrange for further support. Thanks.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions Valve is breaking output driver