OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Valves not closing, getting hot and some other issues

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

diozian
    Participant

Hi there!

I recently bought OpenSprinkler Pi and all went fine (shipping, installing the hardware and case). Thanks for that! 🙂

So today I finally found time to connect a newly bought LEICKE 24VAC and connected it to my OpenSprinkler Pi. No Problems.

I updated OpenSprinkler Firmware to the latest version (App-Version 1.7.4, Firmware 2.1.7 (2), Hardware Version: OSPi – AC). Still no Problems.

Then I connected one of the Rain Bird 075-DV to common and S01 to test it.

Went into the App, manually entered 10 seconds and clicked “save”. I heared a “click” comming from the valve and after time was up… nothing. No clicking sound to signal “ok, I´m done”. Did the test a few times -> no click at the beginning none at the end. To me it seems that the valve gets an “open” signal but no “close” signal and the “open” signal only the first time you start manually. Then just nothing. 🙁

Then I disconnected the valve from the OpenSprinkler Pi noticing it got really hot at the upper part where the cables are. Connected it directly to the 24VAC, plugged it in -> click. Plugged it out -> click.

Raspberry Pi and OpenSprinkler Pi are up and running using the 24VAC so I´m a bit confused where I failed. Using a “mains testing screwdriver” (yeah, those things that tell you “nope, no current, it´s safe” and then you die 🙂 ) I noticed that the COM screws and the S01-S08 screws all are under power. Me, as a complete n00b does think this might be normal…? Perhaps?

Any ideas? Any more info needed?

Thanks for your time reading this.
    Thomas

Ray
    Keymaster

This is clearly a 24V DC adapter — check its output voltage, it’s DC, not AC. You have to use AC adapter, which means the output voltage must be AC.

diozian
    Participant

Thank you very much, ray. As soon as I stop laughing about myself I’m going to buy this Hunter 24VAC. Any objections?

Thanks for your time.

Kind regards
    Thomas

Ray
    Keymaster

Yes, the Hunter one looks like a correct AC power adapter.

diozian
    Participant

Thanks again, Ray. I don´t know why it is so hard to find a decent AC power adapter but…

Kind regards
    Thomas

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

OpenSprinkler Forums Hardware Questions OpenSprinkler Pi (OSPi) Valves not closing, getting hot and some other issues